1950 MARAUDER

 

This car is one of only 15 built. The Marauder Car Company was setup by two ex Rover Engineers ( George Mackie and Peter Wilks ) who designed this convertible sports car based on the Rover P4 Chassis and drive train. Due to the British Government increases in Purchase Tax ( sales tax was doubled ) the additional costs contributed to forcing the Company out of Business.This Car has come into Lenhoy Classics for Rear Panel/wheel Arch Door Pillars/Boot Floor/Sills (inner/outer) restoration and Respray.

BEFORE RESTORATION

AFTER RESTORATION

COACHWORK SILL PLATE RESTORATION

 

As part of the Restoration of the KAC313 the Brass Coach Plates had split and deteriated with age.

Restoration required the Coachplates to be Annealing/Flattened/Hard Soldered ( Silver flo55 ) and finally polishing.

New plates could have been made but it was agreed to try and repair and keep as much of the original Car History/identity as possible.

©LENHOY CLASSICS LIMITED

 

Workshop Address & Registered Office: Unit 2, Stocking Pelham Hall, Nr Buntingford, Hertfordshire, SG9 0HT

 

Registered in England & Wales - Company Reg Number: 09157959